Saturday, April 30, 2016

Zealous

Numbers 25:11
“Pinchas the son of El‘azar, the son of Aharon the cohen, has deflected my anger from the people of Isra’el by being as zealous as I am, so that I didn’t destroy them in my own zeal.

Mark 7:36
Yeshua ordered the people to tell no one; but the more he insisted, the more zealously they spread the news.

Galatians 4:17
True, these teachers are zealous for you, but their motives are not good. They want to separate you from us so that you will become zealous for them.

Galatians 4:18
To be zealous is good, provided always that the cause is good. Indeed, whether I am present with you or not,

As you can see from the verses above. To be zealous is both good and bad. As you see with Pinchas back in numbers he was zealous for Yahweh and stopped Yahweh from destroying the people of Israel in his anger. But, if you look at the teachers in Galatians they were too zealous and made it about themselves. So be careful when being too zealous. Make sure you stay on the right path with your zealousness. 

Thanks for reading with me this year ya'll. Be sure to come back and read me next year on the A to Z challenge. 

Watch the video below. 


1 comment: