Thursday, April 21, 2016

Repent

Acts 2:38
Kefa answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh!

Isaiah 1:27
Tziyon will be redeemed by justice; and those in her who repent, by righteousness.

Jeremiah 31:18
Yes, I turned away; but later I repented. When I had been made to understand, I struck my thigh in shame and remorse, bearing the weight of the disgrace acquired when I was young.’

Jeremiah 34:15
Now you repented, you did what is right from my viewpoint when each of you proclaimed freedom to his fellow; and you made a covenant before me in the house bearing my name.

Ezekiel 18:21
“However, if the wicked person repents of all the sins he committed, keeps my laws and does what is lawful and right; then he will certainly live, he will not die.

Repent means to turn with sorrow from a past course of action. To turn away from sin and follow Yahweh. But, that not all it means. There is a deeper meaning to the word repent. To truly repent means to turn wholeheartedly to Yah and continue to continue to try to get closer to him. At least, that what it means to me.

Thanks for reading today ya'll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment