Saturday, April 16, 2016

Names

Exodus 3:14
God said to Moshe, “Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh [I am/will be what I am/will be],” and added, “Here is what to say to the people of Isra’el: ‘Ehyeh [I Am or I Will Be] has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 1:1
These are the names of the sons of Isra’el who came into Egypt with Ya‘akov; each man came with his household:

Exodus 28:29
Aharon will carry the names of the sons of Isra’el on the breastplate for judging, over his heart, when he enters the Holy Place, as a continual reminder before Adonai.

Zechariah 13:2
“When that day comes,” says Adonai-Tzva’ot, “I will cut off the very names of the idols from the land, so that no one even remembers them any more. I will also expel the [false] prophets and the spirit of uncleanness from the land;

Names! Names are all throughout the Bible. From the very beginning to the very end. From the first five books to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It is even the name of one of the books. Sh'mot or Exodus means names in Hebrew. Names are very important to Yahweh and his Torah. As you can see in the first verse Yahweh even told Moshe the name to call him by. 

Thanks for reading today ya'll. See you Monday with the letter O.

Make sure to watch the video to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment